Monday, March 26, 2018

26 of 31: I Almost Forgot

I Almost Forgot...

to slice today. In fact, if it wouldn't have been for my sister, who diligently reads my slices everyday, I would have completely missed today.

Thank goodness for sisters. 

As way of apology for the state of this slice and my forgetfulness, today was our first day back to school after a week off. Let's just say that it was a long day followed by a department meeting that ended at 4:35. I drove home in the rain, spoke to my other sister wishing her a happy birthday (thank goodness I didn't forget that), changed into workout clothes and headed to the gym.

I want to continue the workout routine that I reestablished over break. So I spent a grueling hour on the elliptical machine and treadmill, which almost made up for the number of M&Ms I've consumed from the enormous tub that Morgan purchased from Costco; it's so big, you could darn near bath in M&Ms. I've eaten more than anyone should in one sitting.

At any rate, I then met Morgan for a quick sushi dinner where we ate and discussed our plans for the week. I returned home and watched one Netflix show. I washed my face and was just retiring to bed to start a new book when I noticed the green flash of my phone indicating an unread text message. 

My sister texted wondering where the heck my slice was assuming I must have been writing it as she typed her text. 

Sadly, no, I was on my way to bed when you texted and had yet to slice. I'm too close to the end to miss a day, so that's what you get in this last minute, before-bed-post.

That being said, this slice is dedicated to my baby sister and ever faithful reader. I wouldn't have sliced today without you! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your sister reminded you to slice today! I think that this is something that has happened to a lot of us during the challenge. I believe that it takes a village to support a writer and your sister is clearly an important part of your "village."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you for working out after such a long first day back! Like so many others, I love reading your writing and still want to write a book (and by that I mean contribute a clever line here and there) with you one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that your sister texted you to ask where your writing was! And how wonderful that you were able to craft a slice (love the line about nearly being able to bathe in M&Ms) to post!

    ReplyDelete