Wednesday, March 14, 2018

14 of 31: The Snooze Button

The Snooze Button

I like to play this little game with myself called How Many Times Can I Hit the Snooze Button Before I Panic? Perhaps you, too, have played this fun game.

This morning, I set an all time record. I hit the snooze button five times. But I not only hit the snooze button five times, I'm quite certain that I instantly fell deeply asleep during each blissful nine minute interlude. I'm not even sure that is biologically possible, but I certainly felt like I was waking for the first time every single time the alarm's peaceful naturescape (crickets chirping intermixed with a light rainfall that becomes more commanding the longer it takes to hit said snooze button) sounded. I could blame my late night due to parent-teacher conferences. I could blame the recent time change. I could blame the return of cooler temperatures. But when it comes down to it, I think I was just really, really comfortable. Right, either that or really, really tired.

It was a miracle I arrived to work only 10 minutes later than normal. Especially since I also stopped at Starbucks (like my heart wasn't already pounding having showered and dressed for school in record-setting fashion). Perhaps a little panic is just what I need to get me going in the morning. This has me now entertaining the notion of a new game...How Many Times Can I Hit the Snooze Button Before I Am Actually Late?

4 comments:

  1. Haha I love this! This has been me all week. There is nothing more enjoyable than the snooze...until panic sets in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH! Yes, I totally relate. It's funny how I can't do math in my head on days with delayed openings (what time do I have to be at work?) but when I am snooze-buttoning, I can calculate exactly how much time I have. I've tried going away from the snooze button, but then I just fall completely asleep and wake up forty five minutes later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instead of setting the snooze button, I just set 5 different alarms on my phone. One is bound to make me get up. For some of them I still press the snooze button, however! I just don't want to get up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually three times is my max ... just like I did this morning. Yet, we were ahead of schedule too. Oh, how I love my sleep and comfy bed!

    ReplyDelete