Friday, March 8, 2019

8 of 31: Anticipation

It's Friday evening and I'm slicing in anticipation of what the rest of the night has in store. My younger sister has traveled over 1,000 miles for a weekend visit. This month marks her 40th birthday and she is coming in town to celebrate with her "out of town" family.

She flew sans husband and children to spend time with her sisters and brothers, and I've been looking forward to her arrival all week. In fact, the last trip we were able to take together without little ones was on her 30th birthday, so this weekend is super special. Literally, it happens once in a decade.

So here I sit, literally minutes before she arrives anticipating our reunion hug and an evening spent reminiscing, laughing, and celebrating her in all her (almost 40) glory. 

Though I cannot yet slice about all that is to come, I'm wearing a big smile just thinking about it!

6 comments:

  1. I hope it's a wonderful time. There's nothing like celebrating with siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. Have fun and enjoy the siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savor every moment! Enjoy your weekend and your time with your siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun time to me! Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Liz, you have a great smile, so I'm sure your first sight and first hug will be incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you will be able to spend her birthday with her and have some grown-up time! I hope the celebration is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete