Friday, March 15, 2019

15 of 31: Yesterday vs. Today

Today's slice is modeled off of a blog I read last week. Forgive me for not remembering who wrote it, but I really enjoyed the format.

Yesterday I woke to the alarm after hitting the snooze button...twice.

Today I woke earlier than I should to the peaceful silence having turned off the alarm the night before.

Yesterday at this exact moment I was in my classroom listening to meditative music while grading students' thinkbooks (reader/writer notebooks) and mentally preparing for the last day before spring break.

Today I am enjoying coffee in my pajamas as I type this slice.

Yesterday I could only think about surviving the day.

Today I am eagerly anticipating our road trip to Kansas City and the Nelson Museum and shopping on The Plaza.

Yesterday I made a list of all that I wanted to accomplish on my spring break.

Today I get to cross items off that list!

Yesterday was a good day.

Today will be a great one.

6 comments:

  1. I liked the format you used for your post. I may give it a try. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this format! Yes, "Today will be a great one." Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this a fun format? I like the way you tell one coherent story through the format. I don't think my version came together quite so seamlessly to tell one story! I especially like the "peaceful silence" of turning off the alarm! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh! Do love the format! Also want to hear more about a Nelson Museum! Cheers to time to rejuvenate! (and apparently the exclamation point!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz--Enjoy your trip. I'm with Tracy. I want to hear about the museum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I need to try this format! And now I want to take a trip to KC, too! Thanks for sharing. Great Slice!

    ReplyDelete