Saturday, March 30, 2019

30 of 31: Turkey Dinner...But Not the Kind You're Imagining

This evening I will attend a fundraiser dinner complete with raffle prizes, a silent auction, a live auction (which is my secret downfall), and the better part of my husband's family.

I love giving to a good cause, but I'm not quite sure what to expect this evening. Tonight's donations and charitable contributions are aimed to raise funds for turkeys.

Huh? you ask, well so did I.

You see my husband was raised in a small, rural Midwest town and he is a hunter. Having grown up in "the big city" I was unaccustomed to guns and hunting and apparently fundraising dinners in support of turkey hunters and organizations. In truth, I didn't even know such organizations existed.

So though turkey is not on the menu (probably chicken), and I don't fully know what to expect, I will hold my camo clad husband's hand and support his interests because he lovingly supports mine.

I'll also probably get in a lot of trouble for getting caught up in the frenzy and excitement of the live auction. I just can't keep my hand down.

But it for a good cause, right?

3 comments:

  1. I too have never heard of a turkey fundraiser. Sounds like you're going to have a fun time tonight. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the naive end of this also. Sounds like a hoot n hollerin' good time. lol Have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz--I hope the dinner was worth going "gobble gobble" over. ;)

    ReplyDelete