Tuesday, March 12, 2019

12 of 31: Parent Teacher Conferences

This evening's slice will be brief. I have a 14 minute break before my next parent-teacher conference and I just know I will be too exhausted by the time I get home to slice later.

Two and a half hours remain this evening and then a shorter day of conferences tomorrow due to our early release day. Conferences beckon the end of the year and spring. That for me means smelly, hormonal teenagers who checked out as soon as they completed their freshman year course selections.

Tonight's conferences so far (knock on wood) have been filled with laughter and many thankful parents, which is such a lovely experience. I have said more than once this evening that I will miss So-and-So next year when they leave for high school.

After 19 years, one would think the nerves would subside, but it never fails. They return like clockwork.

Have no fear!
Spring break is so, so near!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is so good to hear that it is going well! I was always super nervous for every single conference every single year. I hear you on spring break, it is just soo close yet soo far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth! I often wonder if the parents can tell I'm the scared little kid at the conference... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, you wrote a slice *in between* conducting conferences? You're amazing. Or exceptionally efficient. Or both.

    ReplyDelete