Sunday, March 24, 2019

24 of 31: Rain

I love witnessing the first few drops of rain quietly announce the arrival of the more thunderous sheets that pour from the sky just a moment later. The rain obscures and blurs things just so they slip slightly out of focus. A streak of lightning jumps across the sky and I count to see just how far away it is based on the delay of thunder's boom. I love the sound of rain when all else is quiet.

I love rain just so long as it stops before it finds its sneaky way into my basement where is winds its way under the baseboards and along the edge of the floor to the drain, but not before being greedily soaked up by drywall. Luckily, today was a lucky day and so far, the basement is dry.

1 comment:

  1. Liz--Lines of this prose would be perfect in a poem. My basement gets wet--occasionally--as well. I'll keep my fingers that both are basements stay dry.

    ReplyDelete