Sunday, March 19, 2017

19 of 31: My Life In Numbers

I was inspired to write this post about my life in numbers after reading a fellow slicer's post doing the same. I really enjoyed the format!

1 is the exact number of traffic tickets I've received. I might add that it was for running a stoplight (I still maintain it was yellow) and not for speeding - I've received 0 speeding tickets in the 24 years I've been driving. I am crossing my fingers that this does not tempt the fates!

2 is the number of school districts in which I have taught middle school and 7th grade English. One with 20,553 students and the other with just over 4,454 students.

3 is the total number of cars that I have owned in my lifetime. My car is over 10 years old and has over 161,000 miles and still goes zoom zoom.

4 is the number of sweetgum trees planted in my yard. I've written about these in an earlier post, but they still taunt me with their 100s of prickly gumballs littering my yard.

5 is the number of books currently in my "to read" pile on my night stand.

6 is the number of siblings I have. 1 older sister, 2 younger sisters, and 3 big brothers, who happily tortured me as a kid and sometimes still do.

7 is the number of years that I have been a proud home owner...cutting the yard and picking up gumballs!

8 is the number of beautiful and talented and funny nieces and nephews whom I adore and love to spoil!

9 is the age I was when my father passed away from a sudden heart attack. He was only 47, and I used to think that was old. I have since adjusted my attitude about age properly and realize he was incredibly young when he died.

10 is the number of episodes of Sneaky Pete that I watched consecutively today on Amazon Prime. It was the perfect lazy Sunday to kick off my spring break!

4 comments:

  1. Love this format! I'm curious about Sneaky Pete now...we are almost all caught up on The Americans, so we'll need a new show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know this Sneaky Pete! I must check it out. Loved your list of 1 to 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very fun format! I'll need to remember it for a Slice of my own this month. It's a quick way to learn about you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun format to share interesting tidbits about yourself! I may have to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete