Tuesday, March 20, 2018

20 of 31: A Perfect Day for Tea

A Perfect Day for Tea

So I hear that it is the first day of spring. Sadly, it is the second day of my spring break and the sun has yet to shine and the all day high is hovering right around 45, which is not quite high enough to warm the cockles of my heart...or toes...or finger tips...or nose! 

Since I am usually at work this time of day, the thermostat timer is set way low...like 61 degrees low. Which helps to explain the numbness in my extremities right about now. 

But which is also why my delight abounds as I type this very post. For just to the right of my laptop sits a steaming mug of English Breakfast tea. In fact, it is so hot, that I will probably complete this slice before being able to take another sip. I'm gazing longingly at the tendrils of steam that gently swirl above the mug out of the corner of my eye as I type. 

If you've been reading my slices, you might remember that Morgan gifted me my first teapot out of the blue and it arrived last night. A beautiful Zen Kettle made by Le Creuset. Its deep merlot colored base slowly lightens to a bright cherry top at the lid. It brings the right amount of vibrant color and zen to my kitchen as well as my heart. 

My kettle is easy to pour and sings its sweet whistle in a jiffy. And bonus, I don't have to worry about water exploding in the microwave anymore. In fact, I may very well donate the microwave and get some counter space back. Morgan's thoughtful gift boosted my mood tremendously.

I hate to cut today short, but really, my tea and a book are calling my name on this chilly, gray day!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Spring Break!! And your tea!! And your lovely teapot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful slice capturing the stillness and quiet and anticipation of morning. The rich description made me feel like I was right there. What book did you end up reading?? (I just started The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street and am loving so far.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy. Tea and a book sound like the perfect way to relax and reboot.

    ReplyDelete