Thursday, March 15, 2018

15 of 31: My Spring Break Staycation To-Do List

My Spring Break To-Do List

  • Buy St. Pat's t-shirts in honor of my Irish heritage...because isn't everyone Irish on St. Patrick's day?
  • Read 92 8th grade memoirs. I love the reading and commenting...it's the "grading" I don't so much like!
  • Take the pile of clothes that is overtaking my home office floor to the donation center.
  • Buy new shower curtain rings that will not rust.
  • Clean said rust off the shower curtain rod so that the shower curtain can be pulled closed without excruciating squealing of metal on rusty metal.
  • Be home for the electrician to replace our entire home's breaker box. The last time it rained, I noticed water was leaking from said breaker box. Water + Electricity = Nothing Good.
  • Be home for the Internet person to come and magically make it so that I can stream Netflix without interruption or glitches. *Bonus - first time in history that I'm getting an upgrade on my wireless service that will actually save me money! 
  • Take advantage of my monthly float tank membership. Deprive all of my senses in a float tank for 75 minutes. No light, no music, and as little movement as possible results in more relaxation than a massage at the Four Seasons!
  • Practice yoga at least 5 times.
  • Walk 3+ miles at least 5 times.
  • Finish the memory book that I started at my first ever writing retreat.  
  • Start the other memory book that I thought I would have time to finish at my first ever writing retreat. Really? What was I thinking? This writing about a memory business takes an extraordinary amount of time for me!
  • Clean my house. (This is actually going to be at the bottom of the list in reality, but sits a little higher on the list in theory.)
  • Secret Summer Mission Preparation - don't bother asking...it's a secret, silly!
  • Get an oil change.
  • Reread To Kill a Mockingbird to prepare for my last unit of the year.
  • Read all the other books that are haunting me from my nightstand...or at the very least the sequel to Scythe.
  • Find a way to make Morgan feel appreciated since I just came home from a long night of parent-teacher conferences and he giddily told me he ordered me a present. He made me guess, and after a few hints, I figured out that he ordered me a teapot. I have wanted one for so very long, and he thought it would be just the right spring break gift so that I could make myself tea while I tackle my to-do list. Let's just say he set the bar pretty high as far as thoughtful, out-of-the-blue gifts go! 
  • Visit the History Museum's Civil Rights exhibit. 
  • Get some much needed sister time with my baby sister and her adorable toddler...preferably a little of both one-on-one. 
  • Dinner with my B.S. Dinner Club (that stands for Bangers Society...as in Bangers and Mash...this is still a school appropriate blog folks).
  • Have coffee with my Save The World Club, which is a group of extraordinary educators, social workers, interesting people whom I call friends. We now set monthly meetings to get together and catch up on the happenings in one another's lives since we all seem to be so busy that we have to schedule an outing a month in advance.
  • Send my other sister a birthday present.
  • Get a haircut...long overdue. 
  • Did I mention sleep in...
Wait, who am I kidding??? Sleeping in isn't part of the program if I need to accomplish all these tasks in the next 10 days.

2 comments:

  1. This is a LONG list, and a lot of itdoesn't sound very vacation-y to me. We still have one more week, but a similar list is looming in my future! At the top is doing my taxes, a job I HATE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list is in no particular order (besides the scheduled appointments), right?

    ReplyDelete