Wednesday, March 27, 2019

27 of 31: Bugs

Today was the kind of day where you could stand outside after work on your back deck without a coat or even a light jacket. So I did. I was sort of basking in the warmth and thinking about how cold I had been just this morning as I drove to work.

That's when movement caught my eye just above my back deck's wooden railing. The sort of movement that you have to stare at for a second before you can register what was actually moving. And that's when I saw them. A small swarm of tiny, winged insects hovering and diving back and forth around each other as if engaged in a sort of mid-air dance.

Bugs. Usually I'm annoyed by them. They can be quite pesky. And if they draw blood, I will too if I can swat them fast enough. But today, well today I smiled at the sight because it means that spring is finally and truly here.

Thank God.

1 comment:

  1. lol... I was just thinking how weird it was last week to be gardening without bugs. I guess they'll be here soon enough!

    ReplyDelete