Saturday, March 23, 2019

23 of 31: Streaming is My Demise

So I fought the remote's allure all day. I finished a YA book that I found quite compelling, Dry by Neal and Jarrod Shusterman. It brought to light the darker side of humanity in times of crisis. I also managed to wash four loads of laundry and didn't end up with one stray sock. A good omen if ever there was one.

I just finished a little dinner. My husband is out of town, so the house is quiet. I lit a candle with a wooden wick, which is as close to the crackling of a fire I can get without installing a fireplace. I'm cozy in the corner of the couch, propped up with several pillows, laptop in hand.

And that's when I realize the remote is all mine. I can indulge in a guilty pleasure of my own choosing. Sometimes I spend just as long figuring out what I want to watch as actually watching anything. Streaming is like a blessed curse.

I already finished Russian Dolls and I don't want to get to sucked into a show, so I'm looking for a movie because there is always the danger of binge watching a show and staying up way entirely too late. I want to avoid that at all costs. I have much to do on my last day of break.

So The Girl in the Spider's Web it is.

Let's see what kind of trouble Lisbeth can get herself into now.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect “me” night! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A candle with a wooden wick, that's close to a fireplace? Sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Russian Dolls! It was perfection!

    ReplyDelete